- Be Courteous to all singers and show them your support.
- Take care of the songbooks, they are expensive.
- Sing into the top of themicrophone in a strong, clear voice.
- Pick one song at a time.
- Remember, your host can help your singing performance.
- Be a lively audience member.
- Applaud generously.
- Sing to your audience and they will listen.
- Try new songs.
- Loosen up, and let the music move you.
- Have Fun.
- Be Patient while waiting your turn to sing.
- Make sure to check the numbers you submit so that your songs are correct.
Don't:Don't worry if you're not a great singer. The idea is to have fun.Don't sing unless invited by the singer or the karaoke host.Don't swing the microphones by their cords or juggle wireless mics.Don't tap on or scream into the microphone.Don't smoke or bring drinks on stage.Don't walk in front of the monitor when someone is singing.Don't sign-up unwilling singers without their knowledge.Don't continuously ask the host when it will be your turn to sing.Don't place your drink on our sound equipment.
- Imagine you're in front of an audience every time you sing by yourself, like in the shower. This may help you become more comfortable.
- Don't be the first one up on stage.
- Pick a song you know most, if not all the lyrics.
- Know your vocal range. If you are a tenor or soprano, a baritone song is not a good idea.